viernes, 26 de noviembre de 2010

October- Tasmania: Where I learnt to sleep with the light on

The morning after my first night in Tasmania I realized how much I hate sleeping in dorms. Fed up of having to fall sleep with the light on. Tired of sleep with 15 girls that go to sleep at different times and wake up also at different times (around 5:30 the firsts ones). Tired of hearing people snoring all night long, phones ringing at 4am and alarms at 5am. I just want to be in my bedroom!!! It is something that you should think about before starting a trip like this!

Not in a good mood after the noisy night I decided to explore the streets of the quite city of Hobart. I make my way to the “FAMOUS” Salamanca Street full of tourist shops and art galleries. One more time I would love to be rich and be able to buy as many things as I would want! Ha ha


After hiring a van in New Zealand for three weeks my Budget went straight down. I had to spend 7 boring days stuck at Hobart. I could just go out 2 days. The 10th of October I went to visit the Russell Falls: what an amazing national park!



It was a tour with 13 people and we had a great time all together! In the Afternoon we went to visit a wildlife refuge and I saw for first time Tasmanian Devils, Koalas, Quolls…and what I found the most amazing animal in the world (after apes and monkeys, of course): The WOMBAT!!! They are soooo cute! They explained us that the Tasmanian Devils are in real danger because they have been infected with a face cancer that has killed 80% of the wild population!!They are not sure where has it come from, but they think it may be from the chemical products used by the farmers. We have to do all it is in our hand to help this unique animals!


My second activity was to visit another wildlife park called “Borongo wildlife refuge”. It was a grey and rainy day but I decided that was not gonna stop me doing stuff! I was looking at the funny Tasmanian devil when I opened my bag and the key of the hostel and my phone fell inside the enclosure! I looked how they approached my things without knowing what to do but as soon as they started chewing the key (I paid 20$ deposit for it) I put one leg inside the enclosure and grab the key. It was then when another devil took my phone far away from me. I then run to look for someone to help me. I saw a keeper and I told him “I have a problem” and he answered “You drooped something in the devils enclosures, did you?” It means that I’m not the first one who drops something there! The keeper jumped into the enclosure and was around 10 minutes looking for my phone while I was calling with my other phone. He finally found “my phone”.


Isn’t it a great memory form Tasmania??
After 7 days I left Hobart ready for some Sydney time!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario